- By: Will Hinde Kyle Hutchins
- Service: Customer Experience
- Industry: Healthcare Healthcare & Life Sciences
Healthcare consumers expect more than basic coverage and annual checkups from their insurers and providers. With the widespread emergence of technology, including wearables and connected devices, customers increasingly interact with their healthcare providers and insurers via a multiplicity of channels. West Monroe conducted a survey of more than 1,300 healthcare consumers, and a roundtable of healthcare insurance executives to better understand how today’s customers interact with their healthcare providers and insurers, and how these communication preferences are shaping the industry.
Highlights from the report include:
- 80% of customers who have communicated real-time via a mobile app prefer this method to a traditional office visit
- While only 48% of customers completely trust their provider with their personal information, consumers are willing to overcome privacy concerns if it means getting better rates and a higher quality of service
- 85% of healthcare executives aren’t confident their company has the technology to improve customer experience
To read a full copy of our survey findings, please complete the form below.