- Industry: Energy & Utilities
In light of escalated water issues over the past few years – from flooding to drought to poor quality – water utilities are now tasked with finding solutions to the social, environmental, and economic issues causing these complications.
But these are large-scale, underlying issues which require focused planning, funding, and collaboration among multiple water stakeholders, not just utilities. One critical barrier to this collaboration is the fragmentation of our watersheds.
This paper explores the shortcomings of watershed governance, data collection, and collaboration, coupled with recommendations on how they may be improved to reduce watershed fragmentation.
In this paper, you will learn:
- The risks and realities of watershed fragmentation
- A spectrum of water management solutions
- The potential environmental and economic benefits of change
- How some watershed managers are collaborating to solve critical issues
Download the full white paper below.