- Industry: Energy & Utilities
The EPA is proposing state-specific emissions goals for reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from the power sector. This represents a mammoth policy change as the EPA standards are now driving the first-ever national limits on this type of pollution, specifically a proposed reduction of carbon emissions from existing power plants by 30% by 2030 (based on 2005 levels). Now is the time to get in front of the policy issues that will be defined on state level.
Click here for the slides from this webinar to learn more about the following topics:
- A short but thorough summary of the CPP ruling and its implications
- An update on the public hearings that were held in July and August
- Discussion of how the CPP and resulting state SIP filings will require new approaches for portfolio planning and economic, environmental & rate impact analysis
- Guidance for impacted parties on how to create an Enterprise Risk Management & Strategy roadmap (i.e., how to develop a near-term and longer-term compliance plan for the CPP)
Our white paper on the topic can also be found here.