- Industry: Energy & Utilities
Emerging evidence suggests that the number of water utilities embracing smart meters, AMI communications, and related smart grid technologies is on a significant upswing, which represents a new trend for the water industry. Historically, water utilities have been hesitant to make large investments in AMI technologies due to doubts that the costs incurred can be justified by the associated benefits. This is no longer the case.
A solid business case can be made that AMI holds just as much benefit for water utilities as it does for their electric utility counterparts. We’d like to share with you the evidence we’ve gathered through our independent research to support our belief that AMI for water utilities may be the “next big trend” through the remainder of this decade.
Please join us on Wednesday, March 26th, from 12 pm to 1 pm CST, for our webinar entitled “AMI for the Water Industry: Applying Lessons from Electric Industry Deployment.” We will cover the following topics in our webinar:
- What is driving the increasing interest in AMI among water utilities?
- How will AMI enable water utilities to deal with such challenges as water scarcity/shortage and water theft?
- How is AMI deployment for water utilities similar/different when compared to AMI deployment in the electric industry, and what lessons can be applied?
- How can water utilities create a strategic AMI business case?
- Which smart grid capabilities embraced by the electric industry can also be applied to the water industry
- Dynamic Pricing
- Transmission / Distribution Control
- Customer Profiling and Data Access
- Which water utilities have pursued AMI thus far, and what are the benefits that have been achieved?
You can access the slides from the presentation here.