Our Rapid Analytics Platform uses document database functionality to integrate new data source systems efficiently with your existing data warehouse or analytical data platform.
Simpler, easier, faster
Today’s businesses run on a continuously growing number of data sources. Each time an organization integrates a new source system with its data warehouse or analytical data platform, it requires new custom landing and staging tables and ETL packages—and that can exponentially increase code complexity and associated development time and cost. In fact, adding a single column to a data warehouse can take between eight weeks and six months, with data integration costs starting at $500,000.
There is an easier and more cost-effective approach.
Bridging the gap between rigid products and customized solutions
If you are looking for a faster and more efficient way to integrate new data sources with your data warehouse or analytical data platform, talk to West Monroe Partners. Blending strong business and technical acumen, including deep advanced analytics experience, we create solutions for today’s sophisticated data warehousing, reporting, and analytics platforms.
One of those solutions is our Rapid Analytics Platform (RAP)— an innovative capability that bridges the gap between rigid product solutions and costly one-time custom-integration solutions.
Accelerate integration of new data sources
The result is a simpler, easier, and faster way to integrate new data sources.
Full-featured and flexible
- The validation engine enforces common rules, which are parameterize for each source or attribute.
- The validation queue executes data quality tests as configured for each source, updating the status of each record and logging issues.
- The fully configurable data validation engine prevents bad data from trickling into reports.
- Reusable, shared, configurable packages handle common data sources (e.g., flat file, Excel, EDI).
- The platform provides full traceability and lineage of each data record from source to reporting tables.
- A built-in standardized change data capture (CDC) mechanism eliminates duplication.
- Each of the three layers (staging, processing, and reporting) can be scaled to support increased data volumes.
- See real-time status, data volume, and performance for each queue and for individual packages
- View status and processing details for each landing by data source
- Drill into details for each landing
A faster path to enhanced insight
Reducing complexity translates into improved reporting and analytics— and that means faster query performance and less manual effort required to gain insight from your data.
- A configurable, metadata-driven loading process simplifies transfer of data into reporting tables
- A flat reporting table structure using in-memory columnstore index simplifies navigation and enhances performance
- Automated loading code generation reduces the development timeline and cost
- Enhancements such as adding a column require simple configuration with no code change
Rapid application, rapid value
Altogether, these features add up to valuable advantages over rigid product solutions and costly customized solutions:
- 50 percent or more reduction in complexity, development, and maintenance cost and effort
- No license fees
- Ability to configure new data source integrations in minutes