Sales and marketing drive your business. They tell your clients who you are, what you do and why they should do business with you. Effectively communicating your message to your marketplace is critical to your business’s success.
The IWLA-Canadian Council’s fall conference will provide a few thoughts on:
- Developing a strategy for marketing your services
- Managing the sales process
- Selling in a long sales cycle
Three speakers will address various challenges:
- Brian Martin, vice president of marketing at Kuehne & Nagel, will discuss how to develop a marketing strategy for your company, and how that strategy has to be communicated and implemented through all functions within your company.
- Darren Rabie, president of Focus America, will address sales management in a service industry with a long sales cycle. He will discuss sales strategies and sales management training for 3PL and warehousing companies.
- Ric Williams, consultant in sales leadership and instructor at the Schulich Executive Education Centre, will introduce some advanced sales leadership tactics for account management and developing long-term relationships.
Wrapping up the day, Emily Atkins, editor-in-chief of Materials Management & Distribution (MM&D) magazine, Kerri Plexman, partner at BDO Canada LLP and West Monroe Partners will present the results of the DC cost benchmarking study that was discussed in MM&D’s July/August 2014 issue. The presentation will show the relative costs of running a DC and the issues involved in managing a DC. The presentation will be followed by a panel discussion with several of the study’s participants.
8:00 a.m. – breakfast
9:00-3:30 p.m. – sessions
12:00-1:00 p.m. – lunch