CONVERGE, the National Association of Dental Plans' Annual Conference, brings together leaders in dental benefits to ignite creativity and refine company strategy. This year's conference takes place September 9-12 at the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.
Business Intelligence; the New Imperative from 10:15 – 11:30 am
Alongside The Concept Group, we’ll discuss how our industry is changing beyond our expectations. Health care reform, public and private exchanges, the disintegration of the small groups market and the emerging individual market are changing the rules as it relates to how we define and analyze new market opportunities. Our predominant focus on the group market has required nominal investments in sophisticated marketing methods and tools that are commonly applied in other more consumer centric industries. We must now catch up. It is now imperative to build a business intelligence capability that includes competitive intelligence, market analytics and new agile product development capabilities as we define new markets and products to supplement our increasingly risky group business. These skills and practices must be supplemented by modern technology tools that help us make substantive investment decisions that are more than just “intuitive judgments.”
E-Commerce; How to Maximize Your Market Presence from 1:30 – 2:45 pm
In conjunction with Clique Studios, will provide industry expertise and project insights on why designing and enabling E-Commerce capabilities is critical for dental payer organizations. Healthcare reform puts immediate pressure on these companies to think and operate differently due to the shift to a business to consumer engagement model, increased competition from niche and national players, and the rapid evolution and application of technology.
Topics will include:
- Define the need and purpose of an e-commerce solution and how it also enables health insurance marketplace readiness
- Present the e-commerce maturity model (including examples from the dental payer industry)
- Outline the capabilities required to support the purchase of insurance products on-line (operations and technology)
- Overview of integrated digital marketing - what works and why
- Overview of search engine optimization and search engine marketing (SEO and SEM) - how and what to implement it and measure its effectiveness
- Expected results from enabling an e-commerce solution
- Examples / challenges / lessons learned from our projects
- Next steps for your organization based on desired position within the maturity model
View the full agenda.