- Industry: Private Equity
The client is a private equity firm focused on buyout investments in the North American lower-middle market. The firm considers investments in a range of companies, but it focuses primarily on the healthcare, technology, manufacturing, business services, consumer products, and oil and gas industries.
Finding an experienced partner.
So that its own staff could focus on core business issues, the client sought a managed services provider to handle its day-to-day IT responsibilities, including:
- Server and network maintenance
- Implementation of new technologies
- Assistance with end-user IT issues
In particular, the private equity firm required a partner experienced in its industry, as well as one that offers strong customer service and a proactive approach—including the ability to identify and eliminate problems before the arise. In addition, because the company expected to upgrade some of its key technologies it wanted a partner that could support both short- and long-term needs.
Vital investment industry experience.
The firm selected West Monroe Partners as its IT managed services provider. Not only did West Monroe Partners have extensive experience working with investment companies, it also offered the ability to:
- Address all pending issues across the private equity organization’s infrastructure
- Provide quality services in the short-term while helping the company address its longer-term IT requirements
- Address issues remotely or through office visits
- Implement solutions to issues so that problems or issues would not be repeated
Proactive support, with an eye on future needs.
West Monroe Partners assessed the client’s entire infrastructure and then assumed responsibility for all IT support, including on-call support and break-fix activities; proactive maintenance; and strategic IT projects. In addition, as West Monroe Partners continued to support the firm over a period of years, it has:
- Implemented a new off-site back-up solution
- Established video conferencing capabilities with the company’s main office
- Assisted with implementation of a new phone system and layer-two switch
- Implemented heightened security policies, including RADIUS VPN authentication to allow users to access the firm’s network from outside the office
- Recommended hardware and software upgrades, and then implemented those that met the company’s needs
Improved up time, productivity, and communication.
By working with West Monroe Partners, the private equity firm has improved its infrastructure significantly and, as a result, its system uptime. In addition, it has deployed new technologies that have improved business productivity, as well as communication among offices and with the home office. The company’s end users continue to count on quality and timely support for their IT needs.