The client is a leading provider of reinsurance, insurance, and other insurance-based forms of risk transfer. Dealing direct and working through brokers, its global client base consists of insurance companies, mid-sized and large corporations, and public-sector clients.
The right team, the right expertise.
The client’s management team has substantial growth expectations for the company’s broker-based Commercial Lines business. To support those expectations, the management team wanted to implement a sales information platform that enables new required capabilities and allows executives to understand the business unit’s growth pipeline. To move ahead, the client needed to:
- Understand the universe of potential sales information platform solutions
- Evaluate vendors and select an appropriate solution
- Develop future state architecture
- Create an implementation strategy and roadmap
For assistance the company turned to West Monroe Partners, which offered the right combination of:
- Deep insurance and financial services industry expertise
- Substantial experience with sales information solutions
- Proven approaches for guiding software selection and implementation
Building the buy-in to move ahead.
West Monroe Partners collaborated to lead a multi-functional team of client personnel, consultants, and vendors located across geographies. Together, this team:
- Completed due diligence on four leading software packages and system integrators
- Recommended two vendors
- Defined a high-level operating model
- Conducted a proof-of-concept on the two vendors and developed a final solution recommendation
- Secured approval for a cloud-based solution
- Facilitated prototype reviews across business areas
- Developed a detailed business and technical blueprint
- Defined license requirements and finalized vendor negotiations
- Developed a detailed release roadmap and plan
West Monroe Partners also helped build the internal support necessary to advance the project, including directing a geographically diverse steering committee and fostering alignment across initially resistant stakeholders through early involvement and frequent, meaningful reviews.
With the support of West Monroe Partners, the client was able to move from concept to signed vendor contracts and a detailed roadmap in four months— faster than any previous project of this type. Equipped with a comprehensive roadmap, the company is ready to proceed with a solution that supports its sales management needs and enables its growth goals.