A compelling, competitive online presence.
As the economy emerged from recession, Sterling Bank undertook a major re-branding effort. As part of that initiative, the institution wanted to extend its brand strategy into public-facing digital channels:
Sterling Bank’s objectives included:
- Improving brand consistency across all digital channels
- Enhancing user experience
- Adding mobile web accessibility— something the bank lacked even though it knew that close to 10 percent of traffic came from smart phones and other mobile devices
- Improving the back-end design and technical implementation to allow the bank’s marketing team to manage web content without support from the web hosting vendor
- Developing a new web presence for the bank’s commercial lending subsidiary, Intervest Mortgage
The right combination of experience.
For assistance, Sterling Bank turned to West Monroe Partners, which offered an approach to website design and implementation grounded in customer experience. Moreover, West Monroe Partners backed up this approach with deep banking industry experience and established technical and project management skills that enabled it to manage the project efficiently across multiple vendors—from a design agency to back-end technical vendors.
Support from design to deployment.
West Monroe Partners worked with Sterling Bank to address all facets of the program—from design to development to migration to the new web platform.
To design all elements of Sterling Bank’s digital presence, West Monroe Partners:
- Conducted a full review of all current digital channels, including a customer experience heuristic assessment of the bank’s website
- Reviewed web and cross-channel analytics to develop a baseline of current customer experience
- Facilitated workshops with the bank and its agency partner to define a vision for online brand experience
- Built business and customer personas and future-state customer journey maps to guide the design process
- Designed wireframes and defined the functional and technical requirements for the new site—based on customer experience goals
- Collaborated with the bank’s branding agency to ensure that the designs brought customers experience goals to life and were consistent with re-branding goals
Then, with strong, customer-focused designs in hand, West Monroe Partners led development of the new sites and mobile application—managing the effort across numerous vendors. Finally, West Monroe configured migration to the new content management platform and developed the custom code required to enable the new designs.
The bottom line.
- Customer focused design
- Consistent brand image across multiple digital channels
- New mobile accessibility
- Efficient development
- Easier site management and maintenance