- Service: Operations Excellence
A transition services agreement was completed on time with no unplanned outages, enhancing Nonni's Foods' ability to support national distribution with minimal additional investment.
Nonni’s Foods LLC is an independently owned premium bakery company based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It makes the leading brand of biscotti in North America, with a market share of 70 percent and products available nationwide through grocery stores, warehouse clubs, national food service accounts, and convenience stores.
Keeping a complex transition on track and on schedule.
Nonni’s and several other brands were carved out of a larger organization as part of a private equity transaction. To complete the separation and establish itself as an independent business, Nonni’s needed to implement a suite of applications and migrate its data to a new set of databases. Due to the complexity of the system implementation and data migration, Nonni’s experienced project delays that jeopardized the company’s ability to “go live” with its new system on time.
To complete the implementation and migration successfully, Nonni’s required assistance with:
- Developing a comprehensive project plan for the carve out and implementation of the supporting applications
- Determining key risks facing operational business unit
- Developing a testing strategy and plan to ensure migration accuracy
- Developing a risk mitigation strategy and plan
- Managing the overall effort
A private equity contact introduced Nonni’s to West Monroe Partners. Initially, West Monroe performed an unrelated project for Nonni’s. As that project reached completion, Nonni’s began to experience issues with its carve-out effort and recognized that West Monroe’s combination of business and technical expertise, including extensive experience in similar situations, would be vital to moving the migration forward.
Expert assistance—from planning to program management.
West Monroe Partners first took steps to understand the factors critical to a successful system implementation and migration. Then, the West Monroe project team assisted Nonni’s with the carve out and termination of its transition services agreement (TSA) by:
- Assessing and updating the overall migration and implementation project plan
- Developing a test strategy and plan, with the goal of assuring an accurate migration of applications, data, and process
- Providing project management assistance and support through the “go-live” effort
Efficient, on-time migration—and a new system ready for business.
By working with West Monroe Partners to complete the system implementation and migration, Nonni’s avoided any unexpected data losses and system outages during its go-live process.
The successful migration enabled Nonni’s to exit its transition services agreement with the parent company on time and within established conditions. Beyond the conversion, Nonni’s was able to scale its software suite to support its nationwide distribution network with minimal additional investment.