- Service: Operations Excellence
Messenger LLC is a leading supplier of stationery products for the funeral industry. The company is committed to providing high-quality products, exceptional service, and value for families.
Selecting the right solution for the future.
Messenger’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system was not adequate to support current and future business needs. In addition, the company required significant daily manual tasks to honor commitments to its customers and maintain its competitive position.
By upgrading its ERP system, the company’s management team sought to:
- Select an ERP system that could address future business requirements
- Find an ERP implementation partner that offered ERP selection and implementation expertise and support capabilities
- Transform the business by re-engineering the business to take advantage of the ERP system’s full suite of capabilities
For assistance, Messenger selected West Monroe Partners, which offered resources, subject matter expertise, proven approaches, best practices knowledge, and program management capabilities for selecting and implementing a new ERP system.
A proven ERP selection approach.
West Monroe Partners applied its proven ERP selection methodology to help Messenger choose a system best suited for its future business needs. This process included:
- Analyzing Messenger’s current business operations and processes
- Defining future state business requirements
- Initiating in-depth discussions with potential vendors whose ERP solutions meet Messenger’s current and future needs
- Developing a vendor scorecard and facilitating a process in which both West Monroe team members and Messenger business stakeholders evaluated solutions on equal terms
Moving forward with a best-in-class solution.
West Monroe’s analysis of various vendors’ capabilities enabled Messenger to complete the process in a timely and cost-effective manner—ultimately resulting in selection of a solution that is well aligned with the company’s needs. With West Monroe’s support, Messenger now is moving forward with implementing its new ERP solution.