- Service: Managed Services
The client is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization dedicated to providing quality free healthcare to uninsured people living in Chicago and the surrounding communities. Recognized as a leader among free clinics nationwide, both in terms of budget and scope of services, it is the largest free clinic in Illinois and conducts 20,000 free visits each year.
Support for a growing user base.
With growth driving up the number of physicians and staff members requiring access to its IT systems, the client sought an outside provider that could:
- Manage its IT infrastructure
- Support system end users
- Develop accurate IT budgets
- Assist with implementing new healthcare technologies
The healthcare services provider wanted a customer service-focused firm that could work directly with its end users and respond to and solve problems quickly, while at the same time limiting the amount of system downtime that users would experience. The organization also looked for a firm with an established reputation in the healthcare field and knowledge of emerging healthcare technologies. Finally, given the sensitivity of information stored in its systems, the organization sought a partner with substantial experience in IT security practices and technology.
Sound industry experience, and more.
The client chose West Monroe Partners as its managed services provider. West Monroe offered a breadth of expertise and service capabilities, including:
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure, processes, and security
- IT budgeting expertise
- The ability to support an internal staff of 50 and 250 volunteer physicians
- Sound healthcare industry experience
Assess, support, secure, enhance.
West Monroe Partners assessed the client’s entire IT infrastructure and then assumed responsibility for all IT support, proactive maintenance, budgeting, and strategic IT projects. In addition, the support team addressed several short-term recommendations—leading to increased Exchange mail storage and resumption of successful e-mail delivery.
West Monroe continued to support the client over a period of years by:
- Improving data security and network reliability
- Creating regular data back-ups
- Replacing servers and initiating software upgrades
- Replacing desktops and migrating data and settings
- Implementing improved security practices and policies
- Updating the SharePoint environment
A trusted partner.
With West Monroe Partners’ support, the organization has:
- Improved security of sensitive data
- Ensured quality and timely support for system users
- Improved staff productivity
- Reduced costs through more effective budgeting and planning
The client now has a partner it trusts for support, as well as for advice in maintaining an up-to-date IT environment.