- Service: Managed Services
The client provides healthcare consulting services related to regulatory and compliance matters, government programs, investigations and disputes, and performance improvement. The firm works with an array of clients in the complex and rapidly changing healthcare delivery profession.
Support for all technology needs.
As a start-up company, this healthcare consulting firm needed a reliable, Chicago-based managed services provider capable of developing, implementing, and supporting all of its technology needs from the ground up. In addition to seeking a partner that could grow with its business and deliver timely and cost-effective technology solutions, freeing company executives to focus on executing the firm’s business plan, the firm wanted:
- A proven provider that understands the healthcare industry, including its unique IT processes, functionality, and security needs
- Reliable and distinguished client service
- The ability to facilitate all IT operations, including multiple vendor and solution selections, office hardware selection, infrastructure implementation, and ongoing support
- Comprehensive training and support for users, thus eliminating the need for internal IT staff
The healthcare consulting firm selected West Monroe Partners for its comprehensive technical expertise and knowledge of industry best practices. In addition, West Monroe Partners demonstrated a breadth of capabilities, including IT strategy and budgeting, as well as a strong track record for providing managed services solutions.
Cost-effective, reliable, secure infrastructure.
West Monroe Partners reviewed the firm’s business processes, identify constraints, and determine requirements for an integrated technology solution. Based on these discussions, West Monroe developed a cost-effective solution for creating the technology foundation that would put the consulting firm on the right track for future growth.
After presenting a set of short- and long-term technology recommendations, West Monroe Partners developed a detailed action plan and implemented it through a series of carefully sequenced steps, including:
- Identifying providers for VoIP and data connectivity, a hosted SQL environment, hosted Exchange and SharePoint services, remote server and file back-up, time and expense reporting, and external DNS management
- Building office infrastructure
- Configuring laptops for domain use, installing industry-standard applications, and implementing hard drive encryption to protect important healthcare data
- Training employees to use each system
This start-up healthcare consulting firm now has a cost-effective, state-of-the-art technology infrastructure that is well-aligned with its business needs. The solution implemented by West Monroe Partners has the capability to deliver near-term and long-term productivity benefits—seamlessly and reliably—as the firm grows.