Minimize the risk of business disruption due to IT issues
MOD-PAC plays a critical role in the supply chains of its customers. As the company’s business matures and it gains new and larger accounts, MOD-PAC continually makes strategic investments in its business to enhance its ability to serve customers.
One such investment was in upgrades to its technology infrastructure, with a particular focus on reliability, strong security, and rapid disaster recovery. MOD-PAC sought a partner that could both deliver strategic upgrades and provide ongoing 24/7 management and monitoring services.
MOD-PAC chose West Monroe Partners, whose Performance Services team offered:
- Expertise across a variety of key technologies
- A strong blend of strategic consulting and ongoing infrastructure management capabilities
- State-of-the-art infrastructure management tools and resources
- Deep experience supporting middle-market manufacturing and distribution organizations, including those with large warehouse operations
Proactive management while building for the future
West Monroe Partners stepped in to provide immediate management for MOD-PAC’s existing infrastructure— providing the necessary tools and resources based on its assessment of MOD-PAC’s environment.
Concurrently, West Monroe began working with MOD-PAC to define its future infrastructure based on the needs and expectations of internal stakeholders and the company’s customers. West Monroe then:
- Designed the new infrastructure to strengthen security and reliability
- Built the infrastructure, including storage and servers, in an off-site data center facility
- Migrated operations to the new infrastructure
- Established a disaster recovery site and tools to replicate data and servers to that site
- Tested the environment, including disaster recovery capabilities
MOD-PAC has been running on new infrastructure for over a year, with greater capacity and improved performance to support its business and its customers. The company now has strong disaster recovery capabilities, as well as proactive and efficient infrastructure management delivered by West Monroe Partners.