The life sciences marketplace is now characterized by fragmented, outsourced, partnered functions. Lower profit margins are exposing long-term deficiencies in processes. The FDA and other regulators have strengthened their oversight and are cautious to approve new products. To survive and grow, you must focus on all functions, from R&D to manufacturing to commercialization.
Implement best practices and achieve operational efficiencies—West Monroe Partners will examine your operations and identify:
- Key areas for improved processes and quality controls
- How to structure workflow to delegate work efficiently, reduce non-value added tasks and create meaningful metrics
- Potential opportunities for outsourcing, consolidation or virtual operations
- Ways to streamline your supply chain
From order, inventory and warehouse management to workforce optimization and automation to improved collaboration across business units and geographies, we have helped our clients achieve sustainable efficiencies across the entire continuum of the healthcare supply chain.
Critical expertise is focused on process workflow optimization, managing collaboration and appropriate application of technology.
Leverage data and technology to advance operations.
You will gain efficiencies by implementing the right technology and data analysis tools, or optimizing the use of your existing tools, to help you:
- Collaborate seamlessly across your extended organization – from internal stakeholders to development partners, contract manufactures and scattered clinical research teams
- Integrate clinical, operational, market and financial data, offering you the insight you need to make the right decisions – right now
- Leverage business intelligence and customer relationship management tools to track campaign results and sales pipeline
- Support regulatory reporting requirements
- Enhance overall IT capabilities, reduce your software license expense
- Document, track and communicate all FDA and other compliance restrictions
- Be innovative and stand out from competing organizations
Be diligent now and reap the benefits in the future.
We have conducted more than 100 due diligence projects spanning all facets of life science operations, IT and compliance to help clients implement changes before any fines or penalties are issued. Our team also has significant experience with life science carve outs, mergers, acquisitions and spinoffs.
We can help make your future vision a reality.
Our consultants excel at helping you focus on your key priorities and strategic objectives. How can we help you chart a course for the future?
The new and improved retail pharmacy experience
Life Sciences, Retail
West Monroe Partners helped a large pharmacy chain redesign the way its pharmacy conducted business to remain competitive in the market. Lengthy wait times were hurting the customer experience and inefficient processes were costing a fortune. Without the capital to invest in a major overhaul of its infrastructure or new technology, the client was skeptical that it could achieve any meaningful improvements.
This article summarizes the retail pharmacy chain's transformation.
by Jim Bedford, as featured in Washington Healthcare News
Advanced Analytics, Customer Experience
Jim Bedford, Director of West Monroe's Life Sciences practice, discusses how the market for specialty drugs that provide therapy for certain chronic conditions has accelerated, and in turn, pharmaceutical organizations should focus on increasing patient adherence to capitalize on this growing sector.