The entire energy and utilities industry is experiencing a fundamental transformation. Department of Energy studies suggest that over the next 25 years electricity usage will increase by 50 percent due to population growth, changing economic stature and increases in fossil fuel costs. As the demand for sustainable energy grows, so will the need for a smarter infrastructure.
The future of the industry lies in smart grid solutions and Advanced Metering Infrastructures. These new technology solutions require advanced rate structures, introduce enhanced customer information systems, and need updated customer contact centers and websites. A holistic strategy of change management must be applied from the start of this transformation to maximize the added value to your utility and grow to meet increasing demands.
Through years of working with industry leaders and respected authorities on utility infrastructure, West Monroe Partners possesses the credentials needed to maximize the opportunity presented by recent changes in the marketplace. We understand the need for effective change management as a holistic and transformative process. Our ultimate goal is to empower your organization to grow and improve your business through advanced technology and processes.
We facilitate your smart grid development and efficient, productive operations by:
- Partnering with utilities during the Smart Grid Consumer Engagement Grant application process
- Creating a Smart Grid Assessment Profile (S-GAP) and a road map to your smart grid future
- Preparing your financial, project management, and smart grid metrics and benefits reports for federal agencies by using West Monroe SMART™
- Facilitating customer awareness through demand side management and customer education and outreach
- Meeting NERC-CIP Cyber Security requirements while minimizing integration costs and maximizing flexibility
- Assessing your telecom solution through a structured analysis using our smart grid Telecommunication Maturity Model
- Creating a program management office (PMO) to manage the deployment of your smart grid solutions and prepare your employees and customers for the changes that will impact them
- Transforming your center operations to support new rate options and the technology learning curve associated with smart grid solutions
- Designing and implementing future-oriented IT and infrastructure integration solutions using service-oriented architecture (SOA) to reduce integration efforts
- Evaluating and implementing enterprise software and other key business applications
- Improving IT operations through effective resource management, service metrics, and service-level agreements
- Establishing green IT strategies
- Assessing the IT and operational aspects of a potential acquisition target
- Integrating IT operations and critical business processes following a corporate acquisition or merger
- Enhancing collaboration and content management through the use of customer portals and extranets
- Enhancing business intelligence and reporting capabilities
Energy & Utilities Insights
Effective strategic planning and execution prepares two diverse companies to integrate and enhance their IT infrastructure.
Energy & Utilities
West Monroe's project management office directed more than 100 projects, offering valuable process improvements and an ongoing project management "center of excellence" for KCP&L.
Industry-specific expertise and proven program management methods provide the foundation for advancing the city's smart-grid initiative.
Energy & Utilities
Naperville is the only utility in the state of Illinois selected to receive a Smart Grid Investment Grant (SGIG) from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). It was chosen from among more than 500 grant applicants nationwide.