The entire energy and utilities industry is experiencing a fundamental transformation. Department of Energy studies suggest that over the next 25 years electricity usage will increase by 50 percent due to population growth, changing economic stature and increases in fossil fuel costs. As the demand for sustainable energy grows, so will the need for a smarter infrastructure.
The future of the industry lies in smart grid solutions and Advanced Metering Infrastructures. These new technology solutions require advanced rate structures, introduce enhanced customer information systems, and need updated customer contact centers and websites. A holistic strategy of change management must be applied from the start of this transformation to maximize the added value to your utility and grow to meet increasing demands.
Through years of working with industry leaders and respected authorities on utility infrastructure, West Monroe Partners possesses the credentials needed to maximize the opportunity presented by recent changes in the marketplace. We understand the need for effective change management as a holistic and transformative process. Our ultimate goal is to empower your organization to grow and improve your business through advanced technology and processes.
We facilitate your smart grid development and efficient, productive operations by:
- Partnering with utilities during the Smart Grid Consumer Engagement Grant application process
- Creating a Smart Grid Assessment Profile (S-GAP) and a road map to your smart grid future
- Preparing your financial, project management, and smart grid metrics and benefits reports for federal agencies by using West Monroe SMART™
- Facilitating customer awareness through demand side management and customer education and outreach
- Meeting NERC-CIP Cyber Security requirements while minimizing integration costs and maximizing flexibility
- Assessing your telecom solution through a structured analysis using our smart grid Telecommunication Maturity Model
- Creating a program management office (PMO) to manage the deployment of your smart grid solutions and prepare your employees and customers for the changes that will impact them
- Transforming your center operations to support new rate options and the technology learning curve associated with smart grid solutions
- Designing and implementing future-oriented IT and infrastructure integration solutions using service-oriented architecture (SOA) to reduce integration efforts
- Evaluating and implementing enterprise software and other key business applications
- Improving IT operations through effective resource management, service metrics, and service-level agreements
- Establishing green IT strategies
- Assessing the IT and operational aspects of a potential acquisition target
- Integrating IT operations and critical business processes following a corporate acquisition or merger
- Enhancing collaboration and content management through the use of customer portals and extranets
- Enhancing business intelligence and reporting capabilities
Energy & Utilities Insights
What should utilities do about customers who reject (or “opt out” from) the installation of a smart meter?
Energy & Utilities
Integration & Custom Solutions
The last year has been quite significant for the advanced metering infra-structure (AMI) / smart grid market. This has left utilities with the question of what to do about customers who reject the installation of a smart meter and the impact this rejection may have on the calculated benefits for a utility's broader customer base.
Regulatory challenges—and successful cost recovery strategies—in state public utility commission (PUC) proceedings
Energy & Utilities
Demand Response (DR) has policy implications and impacts for both the wholesale and retail electricity markets. The potential role that DR can play to decrease peak prices and electricity price volatility is significant. The primary objective of this white paper is to provide electric utilities with an overview of the regulatory challenges—and successful cost recovery strategies—in state public utility commission (PUC) proceedings.