In 2016, West Monroe Partners conducted a comprehensive study on the state of AMS and advanced data analytics within the U.S. water utility industry. The intent of this research was to:
- Understand the drivers and inhibitors for water utilities’ adoption of AMS and data analytics
- Determine existing implementation rates and complexity of data analytics offerings used by water utilities
- Highlight how early adopters are using data analytics to run their businesses
- Examine the depth and breadth of vendor offerings available in the marketplace
- Assess the gap between the functionality utilities want and what is available
- Provide insight to water utilities seeking to use analytics to address business goals
The study included surveys from and interviews with more than 70 water utilities of all sizes across the United States. In addition, it included secondary research to map the landscape of analytics solutions available today.
To read a full copy of our survey findings, please complete the form below.