The War for Talent
This panel will explore the question of why the “war for talent” has continued for decades; how employers have been required to adapt to the gap of a ready and skilled workforce to meet their evolving needs; and how to best optimize your talent management practices to attract and retain the right top talent for your organization.
Data Security Case Study: Email Phishing Scam
- Moderator: Cathy Moy, Chief People Officer, BDO USA, LLP
- Billy Dexter, Chief Diversity Officer, Heidrick & Struggles
- Susan Stelter, Chief Administration Officer, West Monroe Partners
- Jennifer Marszalek, Vice President, Human Resources, GrubHub
Discover a number of issues resulting from an email phishing
scam in this case study presentation. The discussion will include:
- How events like this typically occur, their intent, and the “ripple effect” that results within an organization
- A digest of the forensic investigation that ensues
- An assessment of the policies, procedures, and controls that organizations should have in place to identify phishing attacks/scams and prevent fraud from these types of scams
- Identification of the control points that should exist within an organization, and where they often fail when put to the test
The M&A Ecosystem: Viewpoints from the Trenches
- Doug Herman, Litigation Principal, Forensic Technology Services, BDO USA, LLP
- Randy Coomes, Senior Director, Risk Advisory Services, BDO USA, LLP
Depending on the position one sits in the M&A cycle, financial executives can face unique challenges and triumphs during the course of an acquisition or sale of a business. This panel will discuss each unique viewpoint for private equity, the private family company, the portfolio company and the strategic buyer, and provide insight for the next deal to come in your career.
Keynote Presentation: U.S. Economic Update
- Moderator: Jerry Dentinger, Partner, Transaction Advisory Services, BDO USA, LLP
- Scott Gilbertson, Principal, Origination, The Riverside Company
- Matthew Brown, Chief Financial Officer, Suzo-Happ
- Gary Rappeport, former CEO, Donlen Corporation, A Hertz Company
Asha Bangalore, Senior Vice President and Economist at Northern Trust, will provide an economic outlook of the U.S. economy, including major risks on the horizon, the future course of Federal Reserve policy, and economic developments in the Eurozone, China, the United Kingdom and major emerging markets.