Tommy McClung, Pete Mulvaney and Greg Weeks of West Monroe Partners
DuPage Water Commission
600 E. Butterfield Rd
Elmhurst, IL 60126
This interactive seminar will educate participants on utility decision making techniques that optimize benefits while garnering effective return on costs that are associated with the operationalizing of an Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system for Water Utilities. The discussion includes:
- Elements, Strategies, and Techniques of the AMI Business Case Analysis: introduce techniques and tools for an effective business case and how to communicate the results to utility stakeholders.
- Engaging and Delivering Value Added Services to Your Customers: introduce and inform the utility operator on ways and means to implement a Customer Engagement program, introduce tools that measure and manage the efficacy of those programs, the effect of those programs on consumer behavior and the cascading effect to the utility of an informed consumer.
- Optimizing AMI in the Utility Operation: share insights and experiences on how Utility processes can be optimized, automated, or reengineered by leveraging and effectively utilizing the data that the AMI systems produce, while addressing the necessity for implementing organizational change management principles.
- Managing by Metrics: inform the utility on how to achieve the return expected on an AMI system through a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. Sharing of effective measures, how analytics are critical, and ways dashboards can be utilized to better manage utility operations.
- Lessons Learned from the Trenches: share some common misconceptions, pitfalls, mistakes as well as successes from evaluating, planning, deploying and maintaining AMI solutions and processes.
Participants will come away with usable, applicable and teachable methods for evaluating, planning, deploying and maintaining AMI solutions and processes. This session is not about technology. It’s about leveraging technology to deliver value to your utility and your customers.