Following its acquisition by Colony Capital in March 2013, the company rebranded itself as SONIFI Solutions and refocused on delivering innovative, value-added media and entertainment solutions for the hotel and healthcare industries. One of its first strategic initiatives was consolidating its business units onto a single platform for managing the sales, service, and field service functions. Key challenges included:
- Multiple disparate legacy systems—SONIFI needed to align three business units, including 100 call centers and 250+ field service personnel, on the Salesforce.com platform
- Limited front-office visibility into customer data—SONIFI needed to integrate information from its ERP application to provide a 360-degree view of its customers
- Inefficient case management— Call center and field service teams relied on e-mail as their primary case-management channel; this was not efficient or scalable
- No mobile capabilities—Field service personnel needed a dynamic mobile application to stay connected while in the field
- Decentralized knowledgebase— Customer service personnel needed a robust tool to manage their knowledge and portal presence to increase call deflection and reduce call handle times
We partnered with SONIFI to optimize its business processes and deliver a comprehensive suite of solutions on the Salesforce Platform™, including Service Cloud®, Sales Cloud®, Customer Communities™, Partner Communities™, and Mobile solutions for field service. We helped SONIFI reduce its service costs while increasing field service efficiency and effectiveness for the newly rebranded organization.
Single platform with 800+ users
— We consolidated cross-functional business units onto the Salesforce Platform across sales, service, and field service functions.
Service Cloud Console
- Developed a streamlined case management process for customer and field service functions.
- Deployed entitlements, milestones, and service contract functionality to increase visibility and compliance with service level agreements.
- Used Visualforce and Apex programming to develop a solution for increasing the accuracy and speed of case reassignment between support and field service personnel.
— We deployed a Salesforce solution across lead, account, contact, opportunity, and activity management processes.
Salesforce Partner Community (installation and field service partners)—We implemented a Partner Community solution to allow field service contractors and partners to access the Salesforce Platform.
Mobile development—We developed Android and iPhone applications for field service technicians so they could stay connected while in the field.
Functionality included access to cases to track time spent on site, capture photos, and attach those directly into the Salesforce Platform.
Data integration (governance/ advisory for middleware selection)—We provided advisory services on the selection and implementation
of a middleware solution to support integration between Oracle and Salesforce.com.
SONIFI now has a single platform in place and a solid foundation for its business.
Rapid deployment and user adoption—We deployed the solution in six months and rolled it out across 800 users.
Decreased agent call-handling time— Email2Case and Web2Case increased efficiencies within the contact center. The solution also streamlined the handoff process from contact center to field service personnel.
Reduced case-creation time lag and less dual entry—The solution eliminated a need for dual entry
between functions, driving efficiencies and improving case-resolution time.
Reduced dependency on spreadsheets and e-mails—Standard reports and dashboards within
the Salesforce Platform reduced departmental dependency on spreadsheets and e-mail submissions for contractor documentation. In addition, automation of monthly reporting reduced time spent developing spreadsheets.
Improved 360-degree customer view—The solution improved visibility of customer activities across all departments.