Network Computing Architects (NCA) had ambitious growth plans and needed business systems that could help them scale seamlessly. So, they partnered with members of the West Monroe team and The Resource Group to design and implement a Microsoft Dynamics-based solution.
Designing the right solution
In order to move to a new infrastructure and software solution better suited to NCA’s needs, we had to retire their current business management software, PROMYS. We replaced it with a tailored Microsoft solution that included:
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for customer, lead, and opportunity management, quoting, sales forecasting and pipeline management, as well as marketing campaign tracking.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Accounting for project-centric financial management.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Portal for time and expense tracking for service delivery professionals.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 for the database platform, including both applications and the data warehouse.
- Tableau Professional for ad-hoc reporting and analytics, and, more importantly, executive dashboards.
Enabling future enhancements
In the future, we plan to add enterprise project management and customer service issue tracking functionality to their solution.
Equipped with a new solution, NCA was able to:
- Improve visibility: We helped NCA solve a critical need to access sales forecasts by sales representative, product line, and practice, and to project profitability.
- Reduce administrative overhead: The new solution reduces duplicate data entry and simplifies time and expense entry for NCA employees.
- Streamline processes: NCA uses Dynamics CRM to streamline the process for allocating pre-sales resources to sales opportunities.
- Increase business intelligence and customer service: NCA is equipped with the knowledge needed to improve the customer experience while lowering costs and increasing productivity.
The flexibility of the system, with its ability to adapt to existing and future-looking Microsoft solutions, along with adaptability to open-interface products, gave NCA confidence in this solution’s long-term viability. With the right business systems foundation in place, NCA is now well-positioned to meet its aggressive growth goals.
Our goal was to find a solution that could sustain growth, decrease operational costs, and assist sales and marketing efforts, while providing excellent customer service. Microsoft Dynamics CRM fit the bill.
Don Flynn, Chief Technology Officer
That’s business in the right direction.