- Service: Performance Services
The client is an asset management firm that provides investors with transparency, integrity, and expertise in the selection of hedge funds. It has decades of experience in financial trading, trader selection, and risk management.
A strong trading industry track record.
As an asset manager that serves sophisticated investors, the client requires high system reliability and availability and the capacity to serve the real-time demands of its trading operations. The firm wanted to improve performance and security by relocating its remote IT systems to an in-house environment and upgrading the legacy network that had been installed by a prior tenant. To support its needs, the firm sought a managed services provider capable of:
- Assessing, implementing, and supporting a complex IT environment while working around a global trading schedule
- Responding quickly to problems and resolving them through a combination of on-call and scheduled support
- Providing a high level of client service and reliability
- Understanding and responding to the unique IT processes, functionality, and security needs of the trading industry
The asset management firm chose West Monroe Partners based on its ability to combine trading industry IT experience with up-to-date knowledge of IT strategy and best practices. West Monroe Partners demonstrated a strong track record for meeting the extreme demands of trading firms and providing reliable and cost-effective solutions for their business needs. In addition, West Monroe Partners could provide managed services locally, while also updating the asset management firm’s systems performing in the future.
Infrastructure that supports current and future needs.
West Monroe Partners assessed the firm’s infrastructure and business requirements, including reviewing applications, the legacy network, and related connections required to handle trading data. West Monroe Partners’ presented a detailed action plan and implemented the following elements—all scheduled around the firm’s strict trading schedule:
- Installed a third-party back-up solution and centrally managed anti-virus/ spam solutions
- Installed and configured servers utilizing Small Business Server 2008 with BlackBerry Enterprise Server and Exchange Server 2007
- Installed network modifications to firewalls and switch equipment to enable secure data transfer
- Configured Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, file sharing, and off-line files, and implemented improved security throughout the RADIUS authentication
- Configured Entourage 2008 to communicate with Exchange Server
- Configured redundant ISP links for data failover and Cisco firewalls for hardware failover to provide a resilient Internet connection and live trading data through secure VPN tunnels
The asset management firm now has a high-capacity, highly secure, and reliable infrastructure capable of meeting its business needs—both now and in the future. In addition, it has the backing of a strategic partner with the capacity to both support and enhance the firm’s IT infrastructure as its business needs evolve.